ridepro suspension

Submitted: Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 12:56
ThreadID: 64135 Views:14903 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
anybody got opinion on deciding between ridepo and ironman seem to be same pricing rang
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: png62 - Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 15:11

Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 15:11
Can't speak for Ironman but just fitted Ridepro 2" lift constant rate (heavy duty) coils with the Rox shockies to my LC105. Service from the supplier and fitters was excellent and timely. I've now done a 3000klm trip with half of that towing an Ultimate camper up through the Vic High Country. Highway handling is very comfortable and towing is no stress at all. Back roads and corrugation handling is predictable. Offroad flex is impressive without going to the trouble of sway bar disconnects, etc. I am running 33" Cooper ST's. I'm very impressed and have no hesitation in recommending this set up.
Cheers
John
AnswerID: 338950

Follow Up By: Member - warren G (VIC) - Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 16:22

Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 16:22
thanks for input john car booked in on the 17th fitter has both in stock so have then to decide
FollowupID: 606486

Reply By: Crackles - Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 17:07

Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 17:07
Ridepro would be the best value heavy duty suspension available at the moment having superior features & better quality than the Ironman from what I've seen. The silver series shocks in particular work very well on Cruisers & Patrols being a good choice for outback touring. If after a soft ride these are not for you.
Cheers Craig............
AnswerID: 338968

Follow Up By: Boobook2 - Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 17:58

Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 17:58
Agreed

I got Ridepro on my 200 with a GVM upgrade. Very Happy. I think the coils are slightly more heavy duty than the Ironman, especially at the front.

The guys at Ridepro are the original team at Old Man Emu ( now ARB) so they must know a bit about it.

They ( Ateco) are also the Warn Winch distributor in Australia.

FollowupID: 606497

Reply By: Member - Andrew (WA) - Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 20:32

Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 20:32
I only put Ridepro suspension into my 100 series last week. Marked improvement over standard and gives a good level ride.

I went for a package explained to me as Original replacement but in HD form. This gave me about a 20mm lift over STD all round and it sits up beautifully without the need for a drop diff.

Mine is a daily driver with Std 265/75/16 tyres. The combination is a good package.

Don't know about Ironman at all.

Good luck
AnswerID: 338997

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew (WA) - Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 21:37

Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 21:37
PS..I used Bilstein Shocks in mine...
FollowupID: 606546

Reply By: Rick (S.A.) - Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 21:13

Tuesday, Dec 09, 2008 at 21:13
Now on my second set of RidePro Shocks, on a GU Patrol.

1st suspension modification was Heavy Duty TJM springs, original shocks.

Then I put Noble bump stops/suspension aids on, roughly 75,000 km ago. I previously had several sets of Polyairs on various vehicles, and felt this Noble style of mod was going to be less trouble & achieve what I wanted. They are still performing OK. The vehicle was getting heavier all the time as I added more crap to it.

Then went to RidePro Shocks on those TJM springs.The vehicle was still getting heavier all the time as I added more crap to it. That helped heaps, but any half decent new shock would have at that moment.

Then Ride Pro extra heavy duty springs - the heaviest they make -with that same set of standard RidePro Shocks. I had stopped the vehicle's weight gain by now - at 3.8 tonne fully loaded.

The RidePro's lost it at about 45,000km - just out of warranty!! I do tough miles so can't complain.

Then decided to go to Bilsteins as they are re-buildable and looked like they could cope - or at least until I found out the price.

By now RidePro had developed their new extra heavy duty shock - the ROX. They had been out for only a few weeks, so no feedback was available. So far so good, across some atrocious terrain, and some black top - but it's only 18,000km.

I chose RidePro ROX as they were further developed for load carrying, heavy duty performance over the previous ones - I would not have put those same original specced ones back on. I selected them for volume & performance, as well as value - nearest rival was, IMHO,Tough Dog Ralph shocks.

Cheers
AnswerID: 339015

Reply By: pheonix - Wednesday, Dec 10, 2008 at 09:26

Wednesday, Dec 10, 2008 at 09:26
One word of warning about the first brand, I have recently completed a 20,000 trip through the kimberley's etc from Vic. I had a full H/D kit put in here in Melb shocks/springs. The front struts topped out on the Mereenie Loop and were replaced in Alice under Warranty. The second set of struts topped out again in Kakudu. I replaced them with with a totally different brand and have had no problems since. The suspension installer said the struts were about 1.5 inches too small. Be carefull and make sure the correct parts are put in in the first place. To their credit they then fullfilled their warranty issues financially.
AnswerID: 339060

Sponsored Links