Navara's Cracks

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 23, 2008 at 21:29
ThreadID: 62828 Views:5290 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Whilst in the Dealership in Tamworth I was talking about my 06 D22 Navara and the cracks it has developed........
There happened to be a dual cab 06 d22 in there (Note mine is a cab chassis). It had a Nissan bullbar, same as mine without winch, so we went over to see if the bar had any cracks as I am onto my 3rd bullbar and about to buy another tomorrow. The bar on that did not have cracks but decided to look at other places where mine had cracked and sure enough this one had 2 cracks in the Radiator support panel. Mine has only one........ I will take a picture of mine soon and post it for other Nav owners to have a look at. Every possability this could be a major manafature fault and may jepadise safety? It is a little difficult to find but once u have found it, it sticks out like.......... Well it just sticks out.

Peter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Thursday, Oct 23, 2008 at 22:15

Thursday, Oct 23, 2008 at 22:15
I had some major issues with my 04 D22 on my round Australia trip in 2006. The bullbar mounts utilised captive nuts in the chasis. The vibrations from the many ourtback roads caused compresion of mm in the metric fine threads of the mounting bollts. This was enough to start a constant vibration that cracked the chasis. It happened to me twice and destroyed one bullbar (Nissan alloy bar). All covered under warranty and fixed both times at Kunnunurra. They added extra monunting support by fitting brackets back to the shipping points. Lack of support for the bullbar was a major fault.

Send me a MM if you want any further details re warranty/Nissans attitude etc. Cheers Mick

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 331539

Follow Up By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Thursday, Oct 23, 2008 at 22:23

Thursday, Oct 23, 2008 at 22:23
Which reminded me, I ran into a bloke on the Canning this year who had the same issue. His D22 radiator had cracked thru both mounts and was just wired in as best they could. He was a tad stressed!
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 599337

Reply By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Thursday, Oct 23, 2008 at 22:18

Thursday, Oct 23, 2008 at 22:18
I had some major issues with my 04 D22 on my round Australia trip in 2006. The bullbar mounts utilised captive nuts in the chasis. The vibrations from the many ourtback roads caused compresion of mm in the metric fine threads of the mounting bollts. This was enough to start a constant vibration that cracked the chasis. It happened to me twice and destroyed one bullbar (Nissan alloy bar). All covered under warranty and fixed both times at Kunnunurra. They added extra monunting support by fitting brackets back to the shipping points. Lack of support for the bullbar was a major fault.

Send me a MM if you want any further details re warranty/Nissans attitude etc. Cheers Mick

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 331540

Reply By: Wizard1 - Friday, Oct 24, 2008 at 16:06

Friday, Oct 24, 2008 at 16:06
In 162000 kn of off road and caravan towing, including the Oodnadatta and Birdsville Tracks and still don't have any of these dramas with the old 95 series Prado.

Lucky I didn't hand over my hard earned for a D22 CRD despite the best efforts of the salesman.
AnswerID: 331645

Sponsored Links