Jamic Boat lifter for tinny

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 15:32
ThreadID: 65404 Views:9143 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Was wondering if anyone had a "Jamic" boatlifter for their tinny?
I am considering one of these, but my only concern is how much stress is placed on the gunnel where the lifter attaches to boat?
Being an engineer by trade (retired) my thoughts would be that an awful lot of pressure is applied to the two side gunnels during the winching, obviuosly I have been in touch with Jamic, and they assure me it will be fine, but I am the eternal cynic!
My tinny is also a little larger than most, being a Quinny 385 explorer, and weighs 100kg.
Looked at the custom loader etc but so expensive, and I have problems with height getting into my garage. My Rhino bars just fit.
Back Expand Un-Read 0

Reply By: Supercalafreakinawesome- Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 16:12

Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 16:12
Hi Hazo,
I went for an ALMAC roof rack boat loader for our 100 L/C.

It's all alloy and has a 12v winch included. I only have a Qunitrex 3.5m (about 78kg) but had the boat loaded with oars, safety gear anchor etc etc and it handled it easily.

I have aslo left the boat attached to the trailer and loaded the both and that was also OK. The roof rack itself is rated at 160kg max.

http://www.almactrailers.com
AnswerID: 345871

Follow Up By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 18:20

Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 18:20
Super....................., I also have the Almac boat loader, which I use with a Sea Jay Angler 3.95, weighing 115KG.
The set up is great and Lynn (Almac owner) is a nice guy and very helpful.

Norm C
FollowupID: 613889

Follow Up By: Supercalafreakinawesome- Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 19:17

Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 19:17
Couldn't agree more Norm, Lynn certainly looked after us and his products are excellent.

Cheers

(p.s. Kedron Top Ender ????? I'm jealous, LOL )
FollowupID: 613895

Reply By: Member - John M (NSW) - Monday, Jan 26, 2009 at 09:08

Monday, Jan 26, 2009 at 09:08
Hi Hazo
I have a Jamic Boatlifter set up on my 100 series and also on my GU truck.
I have lifted my boat (Maco 3.75m Topper Tracker) on and off each vehicle hunderds on times and no damage to tinnie or vehicle.
These are the most simple and versitile boat loader availabe. The boat cannot fall, move or slide and damage your vehicle. When the boat is in the verticle position it can be held there for washing before putting on top of your vehicle and you have full access to your gear on the roof rack. There are no cables. ropes or brackets to adjust. I leave the cross beam in the boat all the time and the boat lifter also makes up the trailer.
I also launch and retrieve the boat directly from the water.
My wife can also put the boat on the vehicles by herself while I get a beer. This provides a further advantage.

Hope this helps in your decision.

Regards
John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 345967

Follow Up By: hazo - Monday, Jan 26, 2009 at 13:09

Monday, Jan 26, 2009 at 13:09
Hi John
Just what I wanted to hear. Have sent you an email with a few further questions,

Thanks to the other replies re the Almac setup. Looks good but it would be too high on my Troopy when not in use.
I have 3 Rhino bars on roof which only just clear the garage door, hence the interest in the Jamic lifter, which uses the existing racks.
FollowupID: 613978

Sponsored Links