Nissan Service

Submitted: Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 09:56
ThreadID: 29107 Views:1887 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I know Nissan has received a lot of adverse comments in plenty of posts but for once I would like to give them a pat on the back.
Had the misfortune of the starter motor in the Patrol deciding to die on Wednesday. Got the car started and took it to Village Nissan at Petrie (Brisbane).
They were booked out until after Christmas and told me they doubted they could get it done until after the Christmas break. Their carpark of the service department was packed (I got the last of 30 carparks). I accepted that as the car wasn't booked in that I would be last in line.
This morning I received an SMS at 8:00 oclock advising me the car was ready to collect (fixed under warranty even though apparently it was really that clear cut as to what caused the problem).
Nissans may have their problems but I'm certainly not complaining about the service I have received in this instance. Nice to have a good story about a service department for a change.
Hope everyone has a safe and merry Christmas!
Peter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: fox - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 14:51

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 14:51
Hi Peter,
Yes, you're right...in this world of "Brickbats and Boquets", it's nice to be able to throw a Boquet every now and then.

Not to mention that you have your Patrol back on the road over Christmas...Bonus.

Keep well and have a great Christmas.

Warm Regards
Rick & Julie
AnswerID: 145262

Reply By: howie - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 17:38

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 17:38
i don't believe it!
a nissan dealer that actually carries spare parts?

had several things changed under warranty, but always had to wait for parts to arrive from "somewhere"

get a lotto ticket!!!!!!
AnswerID: 145293

Follow Up By: angler - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 22:25

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 22:25
My Canon camera failed the other day, No pictuter on the screen in photo mode, OK on playback but no pics could be taken. I sent it away to Mr Canon for repairs thinking it would be very unlikely to be repaired and sent back before Christmas. A call from Canon told me a new camera was to be sent to me as they could not get the parts in a reasonable time. The new one duly arrives and is better than my original, TOP marks to Canon.

Yeh, I know its not 4WD related but it was really good service. I do take pics of my patrol and van.
My web page
FollowupID: 398859

Sponsored Links