The sad demise of our Cobb Oven (R.I.P.)

Submitted: Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 20:32
ThreadID: 29095 Views:9267 Replies:26 FollowUps:24
This Thread has been Archived
I sent an email to Cobb Australia a few days ago and attached the following DRAFT post, prefaced by informing Cobb that I am a frequent contributor to this site and that I would prefer NOT to have to submit this POST to EO.

Perhaps they saw my email as a threat of some sort and refused to be hounded into providing me with a replacement. Whatever their reason, I have not received any response, hence I now feel obliged to get this matter off my chest............

DRAFT POST TO THE FORUM OF EXPLOROZ.COM:

Dear fellow Exploroz site dwellers,

It is my sad duty to advise you all of the recent demise of our much loved Cobb Oven. This oven was only 18 months old and had had an easy life, having been called upon to cook no more than about 10 meals. The rest of the time it “lived” in it’s own bag, which in turn, was stored in a cardboard box in the boot of our camper trailer.

The Cobb’s troubles started early on in it’s life when one of the little feet broke off, followed later by the other 2. This made it difficult for the Cobb to “draw” air up from underneath and we had to sit it up on small blocks or stones etc when we wanted to use it.

However, it drew it’s final breath yesterday when Annette was roasting a chook and the whole outer plastic case simply cracked wide open for no apparent reason. This is indeed an unfortunate occurrence and we are now weighing up our options for a suitable replacement.

Can anybody on the Forum advise us whether the later models of Cobb have addressed these issues, which appear to be centered on the quality of the plastic, being too brittle for the task at hand?

Cheers

Roachie

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: navaraman - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 20:38

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 20:38
Good onya Roachie.

You pay top dollar for a lot of the stuff we campers/4 wheelers buy. If it doesn't perform and the company aren't interested then they have to face the consequences.

Pat
AnswerID: 145148

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 13:54

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 13:54
Pat. Its top dollar at a retail level but to replace it from the price the importers get it for is peanuts.. You would think they would at least take a look at it and face up to the problems.. Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 398777

Follow Up By: Waynepd (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 08:15

Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 08:15
Gee Roachie,
are you having problems communicating with Cobb, who would have thought :)

Yes I as Cobb's Mr Peter Sinclair told us all in his extremely derisive response to my very similar posting (PostID:25324) about my Cobb problems. ......... "replacement bases are available for $29.00. We sell these at cost price, we're not interested in profiteering from broken parts......"

oh, and the retailers don't carry them you have to buy them direct from Cobb according to Brian Sinclair.

I found Brian Sinclair to be the better man to deal with but it seems you have to wait for someone here to tell on you before they respond to a complaint.

Of course my problem was only with the mounting points for the base which i have repaired myself.....but I haven't used the cooker since and it will just sit there and collect dust until there is no firewood or a ban and i need to cook without flame.

Its a shame that such a great product is let down by it's flimsiness and poor backup....

They don't respond to the info@cobb email address, i eventually used cobbaust@bigpond.net.au and got direct action from Brian.
Maybe put "Attention Brian Sinclair" in the Subject.....

Good Luck with it mate.......
FollowupID: 400001

Follow Up By: Peter JS - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 14:28

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 14:28
Dear Roachie,

We're not ignoring you. It's just that we did not receive an email from you. We're having problems with the info@cobbaustralia.com address. Some emails just don't get through. Our webmaster insists there's nothing wrong. I don't entirely agree. For the benefit of anybody reading this posting, cobbaust@bigpond.net.au is consistently reliable. We can also be contacted on 1300 852 611.

We are well aware of the problems some people have had with the plastic base of the Cobb. It can break if the Cobb is dropped and usually
breaks at one of the three feet. Although very light at 4kg, a Cobb in its bag with the accessory frying pan and some tackle in the upturned lid can weigh up to 10kg and if dropped (mostly by kids we've learnt) will cause the base to break.

We offer a complete replacement base, including postage (and that can be $20 to parts of WA and FNQ) for $29. Better than that we cannot do. It actually costs us money.

Cobb International are also very much aware of the problem with bases being broken (a condition peculiar to Australia they tell us) and are working to make it unbreakable.

With sincere apologies for any inconvenience we might have cause you
and any other Cobb owner who was unable to contact us in 2005.

Brian Sinclair

FollowupID: 402099

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 18:55

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 18:55
Thanks Brian,
I am quite happy to fork out the $29- plus postage. I cannot swear on the proverbial stack of bibles that our Cobb has not been subjected to some sort of abuse, but I honestly doubt it. We certainly NEVER stack other stuff in/around it. The BBQ plate we bought for it at the SA 4x4 show early last year has "lived" in the bottom of the bag and the only thing that goes inside the cobb during transit is the original many-holed cooking plate and the lifting "fork". We even still use the cardboard bit to go over the lid's handle.
I will email you separately on the address you've quoted above, to arrange the payment for the new base.
Thank you for responding and my apologies if I have handled this less tactfully than I should have.
We do appreciate our Cobb Oven and are looking forward to using it again in due course.
Cheers
Roachie
FollowupID: 402151

Reply By: muzzimbidgie - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 20:45

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 20:45
Hi Roachie. Me and the missus pondered buying a cobb at the last 4WD anventure show here in perth, but instead bought the webber babyQ for $100

Havn't used it yet (16 sleeps to go) but for all intents an purposes it looks the goods.

It will be interesting to note if anyone else experiences bad chit with a cobb in the near future, as they were selling quite a few at the show....dunno, maybe yours is a one off. Don't get too nasty with them just yet, they may be closed for the Xmas break.

Cheers,

Muzz
AnswerID: 145152

Follow Up By: Kiwi Kia - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:59

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:59
You paid $100 for a Webber BabyQ ? Isn't this VERY cheap?
FollowupID: 398680

Reply By: Brew69(SA) - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:10

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:10
sounds like more made in china bleep e!
AnswerID: 145158

Reply By: Member - Peter D M - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:14

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:14
hi roachie,
i've had my cobb for over a year and used it about 20 times. as far as quality of unit is concerned i can't fault it. the plastic in my unit has a degree of flex in it maybe yours is a dud or bad batch.

i am a little suprised that in your initial email you deceided to let them know of your intention to "go public". i agree some people would take that as a threat.

regards peter

AnswerID: 145160

Follow Up By: Shaker - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:18

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:18
It may have been prudent to leave the 'intention to go public' for your second email.

I believe the new Cobbs are made in China, & all the ones recently sold on Ebay are made in South Africa ..... I think!
FollowupID: 398667

Reply By: Chriscd - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:27

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:27
Was considering investing in one - now will stick with my bedourie.

Thanks for the info, they have lost a customer.

C
AnswerID: 145162

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:37

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:37
As an owner of both, and happy, mind you, I must admit, my Bedourie gets an absolute hiding.

I have done some metal working modifications to it, which allows it to sit atop a gas stove, yet act as an oven. We use this baby for EVERYTHING. No clean up, just on.... and off.

We can cook roasts, bake, heat, etc., all of the things you can do with the Cobb.

The reason for this, is because of the fire bans in N Parks, which don't allow the use of heat beads.

Cheers

Wolfie
FollowupID: 398672

Follow Up By: big fella - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:53

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:53
lone wolf i dont know if you will see this but if you do i am wondering what mods you have made to your Bedourie to use it on the gas because have tried it and didn't roast to well

Regards BigFella
FollowupID: 398678

Reply By: Gajm (VIC) - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:38

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:38
Roachie are they still open at the moment?....Did you try and ring them?...there could be a number of reasons why they haven't replied. From what I have heard from other peoples dealing with Cobb they are usualy pretty good.

I can't imagine a company risking the profit of so many future sales by not replacing an obviously faulty item at cost to them. You are a much respected member and contributer on here, so your post about the Cobbs demise and lack of after sales service carries a lot of weight. I hope they come good and quickly.
AnswerID: 145164

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:47

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:47
Yep, I would certainly like to be able to POST a follow-up at a later date stating that Cobb have come good with a replacement outer shell. (that is all I require as the internals are still in top condition.

Perhaps, as somebody has earlier remarked, I may have been able to handle this matter better ....
1). Perhaps I should have tried phoning them (to at least check that they are open and would be likely to receive my email)
2). Left out the inference (possibly seen as a "threat") that I would have no other alternative to posting on EO if they didn't come to the party.

I am a realist and I won't be surprised if a large company like this decides to shun me.......they simply miss out on my future custom; and judging by a coup,e of the responses above....a few other potential sales too.

Cheers mate and happy christmas and new year.

Roachie
FollowupID: 398675

Follow Up By: Gajm (VIC) - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 22:01

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 22:01
They would be very silly to shun you. I have a Cobb already, and have hardly used it, so altho it's not really a lost sale, if anyone should ask me about it, and you have been left in the lurch, then I can't possibly recommend them can I?!

Cheers, merry xmas, and have a great new year too.
FollowupID: 398681

Reply By: Bitsumishin - Mike (WA) - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:44

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:44
I have to say, a couple of days at Christmas time is probably expecting a little too much. Hopefully when they get back, your needs will be satisfied
AnswerID: 145166

Reply By: Chriscd - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:47

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 21:47
Hey Wolfie,

Agree 200%+ re bedourie, plus a bludy sight cheaper - what mods have you made for gas use - would be interested.

Ta

Chris
AnswerID: 145167

Reply By: Member - Andrew (Bris) - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 22:09

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 22:09
Had a cobb for a couple of years and used it plenty of times. No real problems with the unit.

The little rubber bits that support the metal bowl section broke, and I go no replys to a couple of emails to Cobb direct. But when I approached the retailer that sold me the unit they couldn't have been any more helpful. Gave me spares and offered to replace anything else that might have been broken.

I'd have no hesitation in buying another Cobb.
AnswerID: 145173

Reply By: Big Kidz (Andrew & Jen) - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 22:12

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 22:12
Hi Roachie

Sorry to hear about your Cobb. I would imagine that they are just hectic at the moment and have not checked all their emails and that you should contact them by phone. I have heard that in the past they are pretty good. We have a Cobb and we are happy with it.

I would think that a Cobb would be happy to replace your plastic outer. They say that it has a two year warranty on their website. (For a safe, user-friendly, high quality, stainless steel BBQ cooker, Cobb is exceptional value at $199.00 which includes a carry bag and a 2-year warranty.)
There is also a statutory warranty as per the ACCC website that says if something dies within a shorter time that its expected life, the there is an implied warranty. They give an example of a TV that dies after couple of years but is out of warranty - that there is an implied warranty. I am sure that the same applies to Nissans that blow up - not yours of course - but the 3 litre ones.

Anyhow mate, have a happy Christmas
AnswerID: 145174

Follow Up By: AJB - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 22:32

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 22:32
Very true about Nissan. Told me bad luck with mine. About $8000 to repair. It'll be ready end of Jan. The best thing to come out of it is I now have a much better vehicle. BA one tonner!
FollowupID: 398692

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 07:37

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 07:37
you got the RV ?
FollowupID: 398725

Reply By: Rosco - Qld - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 23:05

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 23:05
Roachie

Our's crapped itself in a similar fashion some time ago (read about 9 months). I also emailed Cobb and am still awaiting a response.

Cheers cobber

Rosco

AnswerID: 145182

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 23:20

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 23:20
Thanks for that Rosco...... I was starting to feel as though as I had acted too hastily in announcing the issue, without giving them enough time to respond.

I'm now thinking that the Bedouie is the way to go....I just have reservations about the clumsy system it employs in the handle department. But the modifcations Wolfie has done to his seem simple enough to make the whole set-up more versatile.

Cheers mate

(ex-Cobb-er)....Roachie ;-((
FollowupID: 398705

Follow Up By: Nudenut - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 07:57

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 07:57
send it/them back to them...with a nasty note!
dont hold your breathe for a replacement...but you never know?
FollowupID: 398728

Reply By: Member - Raymond - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 23:17

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 23:17
Hi Roachie

Having dealt with Cobb Australia when our one being one of the first sold here had a problem I rang them and the replacement parts were there in days. The owners are not always at the office as they are often out doing demos, I have contacted them on three occassions on different matters and found that they do react quickly and always looked after me. I would give them a ring tomorrow and I am sure they will solve the problem.

Just out of interest sent out quite a few emails wanting to buy a filtration system for the new unit, only one replied and they now have the sale.

Ray
AnswerID: 145185

Reply By: Brian B (QLD) - Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 23:57

Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 at 23:57
G'day Roachie,

Sory to hear about the problems.

We got ours about a year ago and it hasn't missed a beat. I suppose it has been used 15 to 20 times for a whole range of cooking. When not in use we store it in its bag in our camper trailer.

Ours is one of thier Mark 2 models which I believe are now made in China. I vaguely remember that when they launched the Cobb Mark 2 it was to try and get on top of some quality and production issues they had with earlier ones.

Mate I think that given the time of year it may be better to give them a yell and see if they will sort it for you. A lot of places don't process emails as promptly as they should and email always can give some places an easy out. We've all heard the statement "Oh I never got your email". Put it on them by phone and see if they want to play the game or not.

Hope it all works out for you. Merry Christmas.
AnswerID: 145191

Reply By: Trekkie - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 02:05

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 02:05
Roachie
I dont know you, but as a businessman if someone threatened my business, I doubt that I would respond in a very affirmative way, although in the end I would assist.
My experience with Cobb has been great - I had a problem with the plastic actually melting and once I was able to get hold of them I had NO PROBLEMS AT ALL in getting a replacement
From recollection I think I got an incorrect email address from their warranty or web (not sure which)
COBB stand by their product, and I cannot say enough good about them
Have a look at some earlier posts on Cobb. In the end customers appear to be satisfied.
AnswerID: 145198

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 14:50

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 14:50
G'day Trekkie,
Having worked for the NAB for 35 years I have become used to the concept of people complaining about everything and anything.....in customer service you just have to (a) grin and bear it, (b) show empathy (like "I know how you must feel, I'd be the same if the same thing happened to me" etc.....this is called calming the situation down),
(c) make a decision........do you want to keep this client or tell the to POQ?......If the former, then you need to negotiate a deal OR just provide the client with what they're seeking. If the latter, then you tell them "sorry, nothing I can do for you, too bad" and then hope to christ they don't have a wide circle of friends (like here on EO for example) that they can some influence upon.
As I said above....I'm used to bearing the brunt of other people's displeasure, so I have no compunction about doing the same to a supplier of goods or services to whom I have paid out some of my hard-earned dosh.
Whether they choose to appease me or tell me to POQ doesn't really matter to me, so I'm happy to wait and see what happens next.
have a great Christmas champ,
Roachie
FollowupID: 398782

Reply By: Wombat - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 07:42

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 07:42
I have a vague recollection that at one point in time someone on the forum mentioned that one of the Cobb email addresses is not 100% kosher. They are only a small hands-on business, even though the image project makes them appear more substantial, so I'd suggest if you have access to a telephone number you may get a more satisfactory result.
AnswerID: 145208

Reply By: peter d - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 13:39

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 13:39
hi roachie, my cobb is one of the first. had it about 3 years now and use it all the time and can't say anything bad about it, it is great. i hope yours is a one off and i am sure they will look after you. all the best and mary christmas .
peter d
AnswerID: 145258

Reply By: MikeyS - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 14:01

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 14:01
Nup, not fair Roachie. Giving them only a couple of days before Christmas to respond, with no proof that they have actually read your email. Are you sure there isn't a replacement already in the mail to you? And coupling your email with what can only be a threat, which some would say you have been too keen to publish,is not the best way to resolve the matter. I'd be up before a disciplinary board if I handled my client's disputes that way.
No doubt you will be just as diligent in publishing a happy ending to this story (assuming there is one) once Cobb have had a reasonable opportunity to address the issues. All too easy to destroy a reputation, and hard to recover once lost.
Just my opinion, m'learned friend.
I'm sure the turkey would've been good in the Cobb.

Cheers MikeyS
AnswerID: 145260

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 15:01

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 15:01
Thanks Mikey,
I'll copy and paste a response I just did which appears above, but which may not otherwise come across:
>
>
Having worked for the NAB for 35 years I have become used to the concept of people complaining about everything and anything.....in customer service you just have to (a) grin and bear it, (b) show empathy (like "I know how you must feel, I'd be the same if the same thing happened to me" etc.....this is called calming the situation down),
(c) make a decision........do you want to keep this client or tell the to POQ?......If the former, then you need to negotiate a deal OR just provide the client with what they're seeking. If the latter, then you tell them "sorry, nothing I can do for you, too bad" and then hope to christ they don't have a wide circle of friends (like here on EO for example) that they can some influence upon.
As I said above....I'm used to bearing the brunt of other people's displeasure, so I have no compunction about doing the same to a supplier of goods or services to whom I have paid out some of my hard-earned dosh.
Whether they choose to appease me or tell me to POQ doesn't really matter to me, so I'm happy to wait and see what happens next.
FollowupID: 398784

Reply By: Gerhardp1 - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 16:51

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 16:51
Having worked for 35 years in customer service in an Australian bank would certainly have educated you in how customers are there to be scr#wed.

I'm surprised that you have not learned how to approach a company for service after you have had that much training.

In my experience, you tend to get what you expect to get in these situations - you expected no response and were ready with a nasty threat, and presto you got no response. Others have posted that they got good service from the same people.

I'd just wait until the next show where they are demonstrating and selling their product and get yours replaced, or you can stand there holding your broken one for all the potential customers to see. Don't be threatening, though, or they will be within their rights to have security remove you.
AnswerID: 145285

Reply By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 17:00

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 17:00
Jeeezzzzz mate your on the boil today, thought you had millions of dollar's of work to do for the boss ! but you are obviously bored, poor bastards at cobb are probably hiding under a table in the back office with you chasin them?
Did you tell them that you ran over it with the 4.5 ton trol, cos the chicken wasnt quite dead??? LOL
Im sure they will come good if you give them half a chance, so go out into the sick bay and take a couple of valium and have a lie down.
Thats the trouble with you trol owners your always on edge! LOL

OK mate Cheers and see you shortly , Pesty
AnswerID: 145288

Reply By: Willem - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 17:43

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 17:43
Hmmm ....Can't imagine you getting angry, Roachie

Just goes to show that all them fancy fangdangle thingys you fellas buy are just not as good as the thingys we real bushies use....i.e. camp ovens LOL

Cheers mate
AnswerID: 145296

Follow Up By: Outnabout David (SA) - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 19:10

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 19:10
Yep Willem I agree with you. Roachie is getting to much electromagnetic radiation from all his trinkets and it has fried his brain
FollowupID: 398829

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 19:20

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 19:20
We actually use our old cast iron camp oven more often than we ever used the Cobb. I don't like all this electronic stuff (not that the Cobb is 'that', but it's still a bit fancy-nancy for this old bloke)

David; you could well be right about the leccy toys causing brain failure.!!!! (at least now I can lay the blame on something other than just getting old!!!! heheheheh)

Cheers blokes

Roachie
FollowupID: 398830

Reply By: fozzy - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 21:03

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 21:03
roachie
hope they come good with replacement
been thinking about getting one myself but alot of money to cook a decent pizza late at night-shovel in fire woorks fine at moment
certainly nothing wrong with pointing out problem with yours-lets us all know potential problem.
what differentiates a good supplier from the rogues is what they do when there is a problem with the product(it can happen to the best of products) and how quick it takes to replace tyhe faulty item.
in the past have heard of some good reports from cobb,
certainly keep us posted with your result-im sure there will be quite a few people waiting to see your result
cheers
fozzy
ps-should only be a matter of timer til u receive your replacement part
AnswerID: 145328

Reply By: Rock Crawler - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 22:31

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 22:31
I love my Bedouie thatnks to Brew . Need to use it more though
AnswerID: 145338

Reply By: obone - Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 23:32

Friday, Dec 23, 2005 at 23:32
What is a bedouie please ?
AnswerID: 145343

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Saturday, Dec 24, 2005 at 09:03

Saturday, Dec 24, 2005 at 09:03
Have a look at POST 29096 and you'll see piccy's of Wolfie's Bedourie
FollowupID: 398892

Follow Up By: wortgames - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2006 at 21:58

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2006 at 21:58
A bedourie is like a normal 'camp oven' only it's made from spun steel not cast iron. The lid doubles as a frypan.

I have one and love it. It is well seasoned now and totally non-stick.

The only criticism I'd have is that the wire handle is next to useless - the pot (or pan) will tilt too easily (especially if it's got 'wet' contents like water or stew) and spill it's contents. What it really needs is one of those pincer handles like Trangia stoves have. A pair of gas pliers does the trick though :o)
FollowupID: 399967

Reply By: Boo - Saturday, Dec 24, 2005 at 00:23

Saturday, Dec 24, 2005 at 00:23
Evening Roachie..
\
We have a "Hillbilly" campoven and find it fantastic. Their a spun steel light weight kit and you can get a gas ring attachment so you can use them without a fire.
If you do a search on the posts for "Hillbilly" theres been a lot of discussion previously about them..

Hope this link works... the first one I've tried..

Have a flamin good Xmas and New year..
AnswerID: 145350

Follow Up By: Boo - Saturday, Dec 24, 2005 at 00:26

Saturday, Dec 24, 2005 at 00:26
Bloody link crap....

http://www.campingwithhillbilly.com/products.asp
FollowupID: 398868

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Saturday, Dec 24, 2005 at 18:41

Saturday, Dec 24, 2005 at 18:41
Thanks Boo,

It was there the 2nd time......(I'm now officially a smart-arze, cos I can get the links on here now so they are in blue with a line underneath them.....hahahahaha)

I had a look at the website and they look like a very good product too. It's a toos up I suppose, but I'm leaning towards the Bedourie at the moment.....can get 12" one for about $48- and a heavy duty trivet for about $29- (and that includes all postage etc.)

Merry Christmas mate

Roachie
FollowupID: 398973

Follow Up By: Outnabout David (SA) - Sunday, Dec 25, 2005 at 20:58

Sunday, Dec 25, 2005 at 20:58
I have the hill billy and like it bnecause it is lightweight but also you don't need to put it in the cools. The lid is recessed and you just shovel coals on top so you can actually cook away from the intense heat of a bigger fire. The heat is more even when heating from the top rather than underneath and does pizza , pies etc really well as well as the normal dishes. Just gotta adat the gas ring like the reqady made ones are so I can use it in fire ban season.
FollowupID: 399084

Reply By: Outnabout David (SA) - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2006 at 21:29

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2006 at 21:29
hi Roachie,

what was the final outcome on the cobb?
AnswerID: 146459

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2006 at 23:48

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2006 at 23:48
G'day David,
No response yet mate....maybe they're having an extended holiday etc.
If they come good; great......If not; I'll chalk it up to "experience" I guess.
Cheers mate
Roachie
FollowupID: 399974

Reply By: NedKelly - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 18:21

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 18:21
Ive only heard good things about the cobb. Maybe they are still on hols. ??
AnswerID: 148973

Sponsored Links