iPod help, please - Wolfie??

Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 17:57
ThreadID: 29054 Views:1925 Replies:3 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Our two girls have iPods, so has our son. I just pay for things...................

Each of the girls has her iPod set up on individual PC's at home, with their own playlists & library etc in iTunes.

I have created my own playlist & purchased some songs on line, & stored them on Lizzie's iTunes.

BUT I wanna use them in Shirl when touring. That is, I'll take the radio transmitter & one of the girl's iPods away when next I travel.

So how can I put my play list into Lizzie's iPod without deleteing/overwriting all her songs? (she doesn't want my playlist loaded over hers, and Vice versa - which is fair enough, I reckon). Her iPod capacity is 1,000 songs or 4Mb.

Her sister, Georgie, has an iPod with 1,500 songs or 6Mb. This runs off the 2nd PC in the house. They are linked. Can I somehow send them to that PC & then into her iTunes?

If so, what would the steps be?

.........................................................................Geez, I'feeling old

Wolfie, you can see that we're part way to the dark side.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 18:34

Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 18:34
Let's see if I got this right...

Lizzie has her own computer.

Lizzie has iTunes on her computer.

Lizzie has HER songs in iTunes.

YOU, also have YOUR songs in Lizzie's iTunes.

Create your own playlist, and it will simply import the playlist, as her iPod should already have all of your music on it, if it was synchronised correctly.

Wolfie
AnswerID: 144901

Follow Up By: Exploder - Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 18:52

Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 18:52
Arrr.. Yes 90%
Even if it all goes bad, just hook the iPod up and let it reload everything.

If the computers are all networked then you can pull songs from one computer and bring them over to the other computer/ itunes and reload them onto the other ipod and not lose anything.

FollowupID: 398442

Follow Up By: samsgoneagain - Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 21:56

Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 21:56
no no no ............... get fpod of the net it is for windows . i had the same trouble. but now i have grown my hair back.(after pulling it out)
FollowupID: 398466

Reply By: Rick (S.A.) - Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 19:08

Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 19:08
Yes Ian, that is the situation
However I forgot to say Lizzie's iPod is full. So a synch will not put my songs on her ipod?????????,
or if it does it will at the expense of some of her songs?????????????

So can I store them (my songs) somehow & synch at a later date with a playlist that is mine, without losing her songs?

Aha, Exploder, I think that is my issue.
how do I get them from one PC to another, from iTunes.
I & the girls can't see howe to save/swap data/songs/playlists

Thanks blokes
AnswerID: 144908

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 20:36

Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 20:36
Damn!!

You are simply going to have to join your kids, and get an iPod.

There is far too much messing around, deleting songs off her iPod, replacing them with yours, etc....

Once you have your own, and you have your own iTunes Library, it will be so simple.

This, to me is the most user friendly solution.

Wolfie
FollowupID: 398451

Follow Up By: Brew69(SA) - Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 21:08

Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 21:08
Simple. Sell me her ipod for $20( i need one) and buy her a better one for xmas. Problem solvered.
FollowupID: 398453

Follow Up By: Exploder - Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 21:36

Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 21:36
I have only done it with Win-amp or music stored on the hard drive/ Cd’s on another computer as my computer is the only one with I-Tunes on it. So have not done it I-tunes to I-Tunes

Hear it is any way..
I Just go Import File or folder, Select the song or song’s I want from the location I.E My network place>D-Drive> Mp3’s> Bro’s Music> song then Hit Ok it and they appear in my I-tunes library.
FollowupID: 398458

Follow Up By: Rick (S.A.) - Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 21:56

Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 21:56
Yeah, right Wolfie (& Brew)

I was able to work that out also.

Stu , how many carton of home made bleep would be accompanying that $ 20? And what's the expiry date on it? HAhahahaha.

Anywway, I'll try the other suggestion posted.

c Ya
FollowupID: 398465

Reply By: DEANO WA - Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 20:34

Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 20:34
got the same delema, if you go to the ipod site and go through to links you will find one forum that (like explore oz) you can ask questions and look up threads. there was one i read from a guy but you have to download a program which i dont like doing. if you give it a go let me know the outcome
cheers
Deano
AnswerID: 144924

Follow Up By: Rick (S.A.) - Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 22:57

Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 22:57
SUCCESS

Thanks to Exploder's suggestion!

I opened iTunes, selected my play list, went to import & created a folder in the shared file section, and presto, it's there on the other PC for me to download.

I still have to test that it plays in iTunes on the other PC..............wait a bit,........................ it does! They are now in Georgie's iPod in my own playlist. Bewdy.

YAY
Thanks Exploder.

Nyah Nyah, Wolfie & Brew
FollowupID: 398485

Sponsored Links