Waeco Monsoon

Submitted: Tuesday, Dec 20, 2005 at 21:03
ThreadID: 29036 Views:1736 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
I have been given a Waeco Monsoon Power Pack, it is currently flat. Can it be charged by the jumper lead terminals using a 12amp 2 stage charger or does it have to be charged via the Hella plug on the side via the vehicle cigarette lighter. It has a warning to use only the charge lead that came with it.
If anyone has any information I would appreciate it.
thanks
Anthony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Kingsley N (SA) - Tuesday, Dec 20, 2005 at 23:58

Tuesday, Dec 20, 2005 at 23:58
I have a WAECO Outback power pack (24AH) and I charge it using a MOBITRONIC automatic charger from Blue Apple. The charger is rated at 3,5A and has an automatic cutover to trickle charge. The special socket on your battery is for connecting to your car or boat 12V alternator. Blue apple make a special connector and cable (thick wires) that should be wired through a switch on your vehicle. I used mine originally on a Pathfider in lieu of a dual battery system. It worked very well to keep the WAECO CF50 fridge operating. Now I use it in my camper, but charge it up regularly using the mobitronic off 240V. The battery is very good quality, but you should endeavour to keep it fully charged. Regular "deep cycling" probably won't do it much good, but the on board electronics will protect it to a large degree.

If it won't take the charge and hold it you can have the cells replaced by Blue Apple at a reasonable cost compared with the purchase price of the battery (around $400-500).

You can find a lot of info about all of this on a google search and also on this site.

Kings
AnswerID: 144795

Follow Up By: samsgoneagain - Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 22:14

Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 22:14
dont mess with your food and beer get engel only . i have been around oz 2wice maybe 3 or more. waco owners go hungry and thirsty ....engel owners smile...... i have never seen a truck cab with a waco in it.
FollowupID: 398472

Follow Up By: Dave ....Adelaide - Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 22:49

Wednesday, Dec 21, 2005 at 22:49
Hi samsgoneagain

Everyone is entiteled to their opinion mate , but i have both waeco powerpack and fridge , had it for 3 yrs now , and have never gone hungry or thirsty , and also never had any probs......oh and i do know of a few truckies with waeco's .....a lot cheaper than engel , and in my opinion just as good ...........Cheers mate , have a good chrissy and an even better new year .............DAVE
FollowupID: 398480

Sponsored Links