Paper and Digital Maps for Tom Groggin/Limestone creek area

Submitted: Monday, Dec 19, 2005 at 16:31
ThreadID: 28993 Views:1774 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone recommend maps with the good coverage of the area and
also digital maps availability for use with OziExplorer.

I got Hema High Country - Victoria map but would like something more detailed.

Thanks,

Stan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Monday, Dec 19, 2005 at 16:38

Monday, Dec 19, 2005 at 16:38
Stan,

Have a look at the Rooftop maps most of these are 1:30,000 scale and come in paper and digital.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 144541

Follow Up By: Crackles - Monday, Dec 19, 2005 at 22:47

Monday, Dec 19, 2005 at 22:47
David. Unless there is a new map out covering the upper Murray region I don't believe there is a Rooftop map of the area. Pity as they currently have the best detail in the high country. The closest covers as far east as Omeo. (Bairnsdale - Dargo - Omeo Adventure Map) The majority of their touring maps are actually at 1:100K or 1:50K with a few detailed inserts at 1:30K.
Unfortunately the only reliable maps I've seen of the area are the 1:25K Vic Map series which one needs a heap of sheets to cover it all. Back to my old inch to the mile set :-)
Cheers Craig...........
FollowupID: 398164

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Dec 20, 2005 at 12:00

Tuesday, Dec 20, 2005 at 12:00
No worries Stan - Cannot profess to be an expert on Vic locations - Just thought these may cover it. BTW: If you find a product that does please let us know and we will investigate adding it to the system. Take care and have a merry christmas.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 398214

Reply By: Member - Ray (SA) - Monday, Dec 19, 2005 at 17:51

Monday, Dec 19, 2005 at 17:51
Stan,

I generally use proper topographic maps which you can buy from any camping store.

I did use the Hema High Country map last year and found it to be unreliable, tracks shown where there were none and track which were there but not marked on the map.

I had purchased the Hema map because I was driving from Tom Groggin through to Mansfield and did not particularly want to carry too many maps (topo maps for the area are generally 1:25 000). However, found that I was constantly frustrated with the information (tracks) on the Hema maps.

This was surprising as I have used Hema maps in the past and found them to be fairly reliable but was surprised at the number of discrepancies in their High Country Map.
AnswerID: 144550

Sponsored Links