The gut

Submitted: Sunday, Dec 18, 2005 at 15:08
ThreadID: 28967 Views:1632 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just out of Wyndam, on the West Arm, there is a channel called The Gut. The maps do not show a road to the area. Does anyone know if you can drive to it, be up there next year in July. Thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Sunday, Dec 18, 2005 at 16:56

Sunday, Dec 18, 2005 at 16:56
Looks like you'll need a boat then!

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 144405

Reply By: The Explorer - Sunday, Dec 18, 2005 at 17:58

Sunday, Dec 18, 2005 at 17:58
Hello
The 50K digital maps I have of the area show The Gut area to be totally isolated to the south from the main Wyndam-Karunjie Road by an intermittent lake (floodplain). Some tracks are shown heading northwards off the main road but stop at the start of the foodplain area (maybe they continue but the Army Survey Corps who made the maps didnt think so). Not a track to be seen on the north side - terrain looks "challenging".
Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 144413

Reply By: bombsquad - Monday, Dec 19, 2005 at 08:21

Monday, Dec 19, 2005 at 08:21
Pretty sure you cant drive to it, but the road from the Pentecost River crossing on the Gibb to Wyndham via the King River Road isn't a bad trip, even a day trip on the way back to KNX from ELQ. If there is an old track in there somewhere I'd say it would be virtually impassible, and have little reward for the effort when compared to ather places to visit in the area. If you need any tips on a few good local places feel free to contact me.

Andrew
AnswerID: 144465

Sponsored Links