NRMA Repairs System

Submitted: Thursday, Dec 15, 2005 at 22:23
ThreadID: 28907 Views:1389 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, I seem to remember an earlier post regards NRMA's repairs.
Just found this:
news Item
Mike
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen M (NSW) - Thursday, Dec 15, 2005 at 22:40

Thursday, Dec 15, 2005 at 22:40
Hi there Mike, i have both vehicles insured with the NRMA and have never had a problem yet and yes I'v had a claim on both of them,BUT not with this new system and I must admit I am a bit weary now of what will happen if the occasion arrises that I need to make a claim. I have paid the extra $72 for my choice of repairer BUT have found out since that the repairer I normally use which is where I use to work no longer do any repairs involving NRMA so now I'm really concerned what will happen in the event of a claim.Problem was too that NRMA offered the cheapest quote for both vehicles Commodore VX V6 Equipe bought brand new in 01 only 60 k on the clock now insured for $24k even though it's not worth it now still like new though no dent etc only cost me $570 for 12 months, hilux insured for $15k 89 d/cab 2.8 D cost me $720 including extrs (yes written on my policy in black and white) everybody else $400 plus or more for the commodore $ 150 plus or more for the lux but we get a multi policy discount as we have house greenslips etc with them so it brings all them down too. Had a bloke hit the rear quarter of the lux about a month ago luckily he was insured with gio got it fixed in 4 days where I used to work,god knows what would have happened if nrma claim probably would have ended up in Melbourne or some thing which is happening at the moment. Not sure what I will do next year. Regards steve m
AnswerID: 144098

Follow Up By: Willb - Sunday, Dec 18, 2005 at 21:59

Sunday, Dec 18, 2005 at 21:59
Stephen, I think that you will find that paying the extra premium for choice of repairer is only for that repairer to be able to give you a quote and not for him to be certain of being given the job.
Will
Always planning the next trip. VKS-737 mobile 1619

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 397956

Sponsored Links