Vision Alarm/Immobiliser Help Please!

Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 12:04
ThreadID: 28862 Views:8884 Replies:6 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
G'day everyone, when I bought the surf it had a Vision 315600 Remote Immobilser with Siren fitted. (I've got the receipt in the log books) but there is no instruction manual for the bloody thing. I recently had a new remote control added to it from an auto leccy but after working on my Dual Batteries yesterday it seems to have "un learned" itself.

So basically I need to know how many times you turn the ignition on and off to re-learn a new remote, if anyone has one of these and or the instruction can you please help!!! The bastards want to charge me $30 to relearn it, and it only took them 30 seconds to do!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 13:34

Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 13:34
Hi Jeff

I think it needs to be done with a computer, they need to give the remote the same number or "password" as the rest of the system. The turing of the ignition and pressing of buttons is for setting things like if the doors should auto lock and other things like that...or that was the case in one of the alarms I had over time.

Hope you get it sorted
AnswerID: 143824

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 13:41

Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 13:41
Nah I watched him do it, I should have bloody counted them as he did them!!

He just sat in the car, went turn turn turn a heap of times, pressed the button and said "there ya go mate!". If you don't have a working remote you need a password to reset it, but if it's disarmed you can learn a new remote with the standard programing, well that's what the book says for the next model up that I found in a PDF anyway, makes sense that's pretty much how we used to do them on residential alarms when I was installing them too.

FollowupID: 397311

Reply By: Member - Hugh (WA) - Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 15:34

Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 15:34
Hi Jeff,

My wife has a Vision alarm in her Accord. May not be the same type but I do know we have the instructions. Hopefully same procedure. I'll have a look when I get home tonight and let you know what I find.

Regards,
Hugh
AnswerID: 143849

Reply By: Gajm (VIC) - Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 19:05

Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 19:05
Jeff I have the instruction for a Vision 318-1800 if you want the page on turns I will scan it and email it to you
AnswerID: 143873

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 19:58

Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 19:58
Well it's worth a try! I'd love it if you could, even if you can just message me with the amount of turns to learn a remote.
FollowupID: 397364

Reply By: Moz - Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 22:30

Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 22:30
Jeff,
Try 20 times within 20 seconds

Cheers Moz
AnswerID: 143919

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 23:13

Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 23:13
Yup, that's what I was trying and it wasn't working, but the instructions I got emailed said to ARM then DISARM first. I was just DISARMING only and it wasn't working. All done now though, thanks so much guys!
FollowupID: 397396

Reply By: Member - Hugh (WA) - Friday, Dec 16, 2005 at 00:41

Friday, Dec 16, 2005 at 00:41
Hi Jeff,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Got home last night to find the kids were having a sleep over at their cousins, so we went out to dinner/movies. Mate, looking for Vision alarm instructions wasn't on the agenda.

Our remote is a 315-950 but owners instruction don't include any comments about relearning a new remote. Anyhow, from message above seems you got is sorted. I've made a note myself and attached to our instructions.

Regards,
Hugh
AnswerID: 144108

Reply By: Rock Crawler - Friday, Dec 16, 2005 at 08:18

Friday, Dec 16, 2005 at 08:18
I have a Vision Alarm on my cruiser , I cant wat to re instal it to the rubish bin. I would say its been one of the worst alarms I have ever had. Some times it's remotes are super sensitive , other times they dont work at all.
AnswerID: 144114

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Dec 16, 2005 at 11:01

Friday, Dec 16, 2005 at 11:01
That's a bugger Rock Crawler, mines actually been really good, I even went swiming in the ocean (jumped off a surf cat to un tangle a snagged rope from the deep sea rudder) and realised I still had my keys in my pocket! DOH! Several hours later we got back to the car (we were about 350km from home and about 60km from where we were staying (where I had the spar keys) and I thought I was in the poo, wouldn't believe it the bloody thing worked!! LOL

Drove back to where we were staying and had a few drinks etc, about 8oclock that night I went out and tried to unlock the car and it wouldn't work, opened up the remote sprayed some CRC in it and it worked a treat, that was last christmas and I'm still using the same remote!! ;-)

The only thing that bleep me off was the re-arming, you could never stop the bloody thing from re arming and with the turbo timer it caused complications, had to put a second relay in for it, but then if you got back in the car and didn't disarm the alarm, then cancel the turbo timer before you drove off it would cut out a couple of k's down the road! Also while camping it was a PITA because it would constantly re-arm and the kids would go to get something out of the car and the alarm would go off!
But with those instructions I was given I was able to disable auto arming and re-arming so now the bloody thing ONLY TURNS ON WHEN I TURN IT ON!! YAY!
FollowupID: 397589

Sponsored Links