New Patrol

Submitted: Tuesday, Dec 13, 2005 at 21:20
ThreadID: 28851 Views:1892 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

Not posted in a long while, as I had to get rid of my previous Patrol for personnel reasons. It was a 2003 registered but was classed as 2004 model year so it was one of the latter ones. I have been following the forum even without a patrol as I wanted to see if Nissan eventually fixed the engine problems. But the whole point of the post is I have now bought a new 2005 patrol 3.0 S spec(only engine choice in the uk) and should be picking it up this week, can’t wait. So my question is, do most of the accessories from the previous patrols (pre new shape i.e 2004) fit as I was told all the panels are different? To me it only looks like they have tacked on larger wheel arches and changed the interior. Looking forward to picking it up, it really is like Christmas for me this year. I still have my 110 Defender but the patrol is much better to drive, especially in the winter as the Defenders heater is chronic.

I now need to make a list of goodies to fit on the patrol. Talking of accessories does any one know where I can buy a bushranger air jack on-line, who will ship to the UK?

Thanks for any advice.

Scott
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: muzzgit (WA) - Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 00:47

Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 00:47
Mechanically your last Patrol and the new shape are the same.
Different dash, wheel arches, rear lights, bonnet and a few little trinkets that add up to three fifths of stuff all.
AnswerID: 143774

Reply By: Member - Coyote (SA) - Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 09:38

Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 09:38
I have just done that very exercise... I have an 05 GU (4.2L) and upgraded from 1 99 GU (2.8)..
- The roof rack fitted perfectly..
- The bull bar won't fit as the new GU has a different shaped grill in front of the radiator,
- The Steel side steps will fit but not neatly, there is a gap of about 1 inch between the botton sills and the step because on the new GU the Wheel arches come down a bit lower.
- The tow bar should fit (mine came with one free)
- The cargo barrier inside fits
- I had a custom set of draws in theback and they don't fit, this may because my 99 model didn't have rear seat mounts in it but the 05 one does (I have removed the rear seats)
- The Dual battery tray didn't fit (not sure about from 04 3L to 05 3L? coming from a 2.9L to a 4.2 L the engine bays were very different.
- Tried the 16" Alloy Mags from my 99 GU on my 05 Patrol - Fitted all OK but the tyres were too big, even with a 2" lift.. on a hard turn and hitting abump the tyres rubbed the inside of the guards a little.. so stuck withthe 17" Alloys and smaller tryes.

Good luck and enjoy your new Patrol.. a real pleasure to drive..
AnswerID: 143795

Follow Up By: scottcamp - Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 10:26

Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 10:26
Hi,

Very surprised about the wheels, so what will the maximum size tyre that will fit? My patrol has steel 16” wheels, wanted it that way for ease of repairs and availability of tyres. I do not know if this will make a difference.

I went up to the dealers today as they phoned me to tell me it was in, lovely looking car, pick it up on Friday. It is very basic spec (s spec), air con ABS electric windows CD player, that’s about it, just the way I wanted it.

I have just read the post from Erich above and feel really sorry for the guy as I am in the same position that I have saved hard for this car and I need to keep it for years. I am starting to worry about this 3.0 engine(we have no choice in the UK), I just hope Nissan has eventually fixed the problems in the later cars and they do the decent thing with Erich's car. It would be good if they came out with a statement telling us what they done.

But I am going to put it to the back of my mind and just enjoy the car.

Scott

FollowupID: 397269

Follow Up By: Andrew (Whyalla SA) - Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 11:14

Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 11:14
The wheel arches on the new model are smaller (I think its the new flares).
33" tyres (eg 285/75/16) are about as big as you can go whereas previous GUs would take 35" tyres (eg 315/75/16)
FollowupID: 397280

Reply By: scottcamp - Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 19:46

Wednesday, Dec 14, 2005 at 19:46
Hi

Is there any way round this? Do you think the aftermarket suppliers will sort this out?

Thanks

Scott
AnswerID: 143879

Sponsored Links