help

Submitted: Tuesday, Dec 13, 2005 at 05:09
ThreadID: 28832 Views:1609 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
can somebody help me when i looking at this site none of the photos come up on the screen and a lot of the text won't show either i have to guess where stuff is

Regards Bigfella
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Tuesday, Dec 13, 2005 at 05:11

Tuesday, Dec 13, 2005 at 05:11
Big Fella

All seems normal for me. Might be your internet settings. Can you see other sites okay?
AnswerID: 143606

Follow Up By: big fella - Tuesday, Dec 13, 2005 at 16:21

Tuesday, Dec 13, 2005 at 16:21
Troll 81 yes i can see other sites fine

Regards Big Fella
FollowupID: 397183

Reply By: Boc1971 - Tuesday, Dec 13, 2005 at 06:42

Tuesday, Dec 13, 2005 at 06:42
Have you played with your web browser settings ?

try these following options ...

Internet explorer - go to tools - Internet OPtions - then click - delete cookies - delete files ( when you click this one it will ask if you want to delete offline files also - you may need to do this as you may have set this paremater at one stage so now the computer looks for the temporary file and displayes the red boxes instead of picsas it cant find them )

If that does not work -- repeat the above - but click on the advance tab - then click default settings -- and try that ....

let us know how you go

Boc

AnswerID: 143609

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Dec 13, 2005 at 11:36

Tuesday, Dec 13, 2005 at 11:36
Sounds a lot like Norton Internet Security - If you have this installed then that is the problem. As an IT consultant I see this product all over the place and the only customers that seem to have Internet issues for client systems have installed this product.

If you have it (or any other prsonal firewall/content security product) try disabling it for a period and visit the site. See what happens - then enable and visit again and see what happens.

Let me know via email to david@exploroz.com and I will see if I have the settings to get around the problems. It will not only be a problem at ExplorOz it will effect different sites in different ways.

As an example of one of the default settings for Norton - they remove everything with the words "ad" in it (trying to remove advertising) problem is our trader images are stored in a folder with ad in the string (so the images are removed) then the menu gets the Advertising words removd. In fact you will not be able to see the words in this thread as they will be removed the word I typed is a d (space between the letters) or a d v e r t i s i n g. You will may see the words in the email but not online.

Good luck and let us know how you go.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 143643

Follow Up By: Willem - Tuesday, Dec 13, 2005 at 21:01

Tuesday, Dec 13, 2005 at 21:01
I concur with your Norton sentiments. Once I got rid of Norton 90% of my computer troubles evaporated
FollowupID: 397217

Sponsored Links