Caravan Road Test - VISCOUNT SPORTZ

Submitted: Monday, Nov 21, 2005 at 21:54
ThreadID: 28267 Views:9710 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all, I'm having difficulty tracking down a road test report on the 18.5 ft Viscount Sportz. I saw this van in a yard recently and was pretty impressed with it. The problem is that I seem to remember reading somewhere that Viscount manufacture a fairly ordinary caravan these days. I've searched through numerous recent copies of the Caravan and Motor Home magazine without success. No luck on the internet either. Can anyone help me out please.
Regards
Obone
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member Boroma 604 - Tuesday, Nov 22, 2005 at 12:01

Tuesday, Nov 22, 2005 at 12:01
Gooday,
Viscount went out of business a few years ago & was reborn as Gazellle as far as I am aware, which subsequently went belly up.

The Viscount name has been reborn similar to some others such as Franklin & some others in the past year or so, have a feeling that there may be some badge engineering involved here.
However some friends bought a new Viscount Sports 17ft pop top about a year ago, had it wiped out in sept when a bloke rammed the back of them on the Hume just east of Goulburn doing about 120kmh.
Had a look at it when they got it, surprised at the quality, electrolux windows, drop down stabilizers etc, seemed pretty good value for money, they paid abput $25000 here in Bne Nov 2004. Not replacing it have got the fraidys about towing again.

Your best place for info is to join Caravanersforum@groups.msn.com costs nothing, & you will probably get a lot of views & info to sort through. You can log on as a visitor to have a look, but not ask questions or reply till you join.

Have a look around in the trading post etc at used as there are often near new out there at a good price due to illness, didn't like the life, or chainsaw throught the assets etc.

Cheers Boroma604.
AnswerID: 140412

Follow Up By: obone - Wednesday, Nov 23, 2005 at 12:14

Wednesday, Nov 23, 2005 at 12:14
Thanks for the information Boroma, I've since found a couple of sites with less than flattering reviews on Viscount vans. Think maybe I'll look at other manufacturers
Regards
Obone
FollowupID: 394207

Sponsored Links