8 Things You Didn’t Know About ExplorOz

1. We Create It All
ExplorOz is the only Australian map publisher that develops its own maps and navigation software and services its customers.

2. Full Coverage of Australia
EOTopo offers a detailed digital map covering the entire country, from city streets to remote 4WD and hiking tracks, with 10m contours and high-resolution topography and fully revised annually.

3. Online & Offline Functionality
The ExplorOz Traveller app seamlessly integrates GPS navigation, tracking, and interactive campsite/POI markers—whether you’re connected or offline.

4. Hands-On Fieldwork
Our team doesn’t just rely on third-party data. We drive and verify roads and tracks ourselves, plus we incorporate driven tracking data from thousands of app users, visualised in a heatmap to verify tracks and roads annually.

5. Crowdsourced Precision
With the ExplorOz Traveller app, users can contribute updates by adding markers or alerting us to changes, ensuring community-driven accuracy.

6. Innovative Map-Making Process
Our maps originate from digital data - we don't use traditional graphic cartography, which offers greater precision and flexibility for digital output on modern devices.

7. Optimised for Every Device
Map output is governed by a bespoke stylesheet, ensuring better functionality and clarity.

8. Small But Mighty
While we may be a small team, our strength comes from being the quiet achiever. We focus on efficiency using the best of our I.T know-how. We strive to deliver outstanding quality, rather than building the biggest brand name. Without unnecessary fanfare, ExplorOz Traveller and EOTopo maps are continually proving to be better than the rest - year after year. ExplorOz has been publishing for 24 years and is owned/operated by the private Australian company I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd - the directors of I.T. Beyond are David & Michelle Martin who just like our customers love exploring Australia.

David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Currently Mapping in the Field Across Australia Fulltime in 2024 - 2025

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Reply Expand Un-Read 18

Reply By: Bushranger1 - Sunday, Oct 13, 2024 at 18:21

Sunday, Oct 13, 2024 at 18:21
G'day David & Michelle,
It's a bloody great product that we use every day when travelling.
Everything just works & we use it for many aspects of our lives including off track navigation when going to monitor Mallee Fowl Mounds & we find the mounds precisely in thick vegetation every time.
We show traveller to our friends & fellow travellers & give a bit of training to our "technology challenged friends" when they have issues using it.

Cheers
Stu
AnswerID: 646656

Reply By: Member -Pinko (NSW) - Sunday, Oct 13, 2024 at 18:27

Sunday, Oct 13, 2024 at 18:27
Thank you DM and MM for producing an unequaled and reliable product for us travellers to explore our wonderfull country.
Kind regards
Pinko
Living is a journey,it depends on where you go !
VKS 737 mobile 0049 selcall 0049

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 646657

Reply By: Member - Racey - Sunday, Oct 13, 2024 at 18:30

Sunday, Oct 13, 2024 at 18:30
Much appreciated. Keep up the good work.
Cheers
jon
AnswerID: 646658

Reply By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Sunday, Oct 13, 2024 at 20:48

Sunday, Oct 13, 2024 at 20:48
It has been my "go-to" choice for many years. I rely heavily on it when out of town exploring the tracks-outback of beyond.

Just gets better with every update, it's obvious that David & Michelle are hands on as both developers and users...keep up the good work you two.
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 646659

Sponsored Links