DOWN LOAD EXPLORE OZ

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 02, 2024 at 15:27
ThreadID: 147953 Views:831 Replies:5 FollowUps:7
Good afternoon one and all travellers, I have just had an interface system put into my VX 200 series land cruiser, and I was told that the system would allow me to down load the explore oz system onto it. I haven't tried to down load as of yet so I am flying blind on this and don't quite know what I am talking about so please be gentle with me as I am not tech savvy. 1st step, to down load do I need to go to the app store and pay for the system again. or how do I go about the down load onto the the interface system using my explore oz account. any help will be greatly appreciated
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Reply Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Wednesday, Jul 03, 2024 at 07:43

Wednesday, Jul 03, 2024 at 07:43
Hi Broodie H3,

This very technical question would be better asked directly to David and Michelle on the help desk.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 646109

Reply By: Member - Warren H - Wednesday, Jul 03, 2024 at 08:32

Wednesday, Jul 03, 2024 at 08:32
First of all you need to be signed in to the app store using the same account that you purchased ExploreOz Traveller. Once that is done the set up is the same as your other device. After you download the app and commence setting it up, you will be prompted to log in to your EO account. Once this is done your maps should show up and you can continue with the setup.
All of the above assumes that you indeed have a device that runs the full operating system not the Apple Car Play/Android Auto versions.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

AnswerID: 646110

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Wednesday, Jul 03, 2024 at 10:28

Wednesday, Jul 03, 2024 at 10:28
when the interface was sold to me , they told me I could down load the system onto it and I presumed that it could, Maybe I presumed to much I dont know but taking on your instructions I shall give it a go and see what I can come up with. thank you for your assistance
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 926568

Reply By: Steve K15 - Wednesday, Jul 03, 2024 at 19:18

Wednesday, Jul 03, 2024 at 19:18
I must return to the app store in order to remit payment for the system.
AnswerID: 646115

Follow Up By: RMD - Wednesday, Jul 03, 2024 at 19:33

Wednesday, Jul 03, 2024 at 19:33
Why do you have to return to the app store? Isn't it Brodie who has the unit?
FollowupID: 926572

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Jul 03, 2024 at 19:32

Wednesday, Jul 03, 2024 at 19:32
HI Bruce,
I thought I already replied to you about this via your Help Desk support ticket early this morning....?

You already have a licence with Google for the Traveller app so this gives you unlimited downloads of the app to any additional Android devices you own so yep just jump over to the Google Play Store from the new headunit in your 4x4 - search ExplorOz Traveller and if you've set up that headunit correctly (with your existing/same Google account) then all your app purchases from Google Play (Traveller included) will be recognised - so you don't pay again. You download it - follow the Getting Started Guide that will open up and in that you will be prompted to login with your existing ExplorOz Account which will recognise your licence for EOTopo so that you can simply download the maps.
It's easy!
Regards michelle
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 646116

Reply By: Member - Broodie H3 - Thursday, Jul 04, 2024 at 11:06

Thursday, Jul 04, 2024 at 11:06
Hi Michelle, the query that I sent to you was the capacity of the interface to be able to handle the mapping system as a few people in my group of friends reckoned that it would not have the capacity to handle the download. I am about to go an give the download a try, and I'll let you know the outcome as I am not tech savvy and basically don't know what I am doing, I shall let you know how I get on. thank you very much for your assistance. Thank you very much for the mapping service, over the years it has got us out of trouble a few times. Enjoy your travels.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 646122

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Thursday, Jul 04, 2024 at 13:28

Thursday, Jul 04, 2024 at 13:28
Yes no worries - you told me the unit had 8gb ram 128gb of memory and an 8 core processor it also runs the latest Android 13.0 operating system. Those are good specs! I don't understand why someone would think this was an issue??

The Traveller app is well covered by those specs. It's not going to be an issue. If it is, then the problem is something else.

Regards Michelle

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 926584

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Saturday, Jul 06, 2024 at 11:00

Saturday, Jul 06, 2024 at 11:00
Most of our friends are like me we think we we know every thing until we talk to the grandchildren, that is when we find out we know nothing, lol.. I tried to do the install but it was a bit much for me and my limited knowledge so our Grand daughter is coming over to do it for me. thank you very much for the support, keep up the good work
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 926616

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Sunday, Jul 07, 2024 at 02:41

Sunday, Jul 07, 2024 at 02:41
Just to let you know that the programme and maps are fully downloaded and functional , our grand daughter saved my bacon again and has kept granny happy too, thank you very much for your assistance.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 926619

Follow Up By: Member - Jim S1 - Sunday, Jul 07, 2024 at 08:30

Sunday, Jul 07, 2024 at 08:30
Grandchildren are wonderful in so many ways.

Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 926620

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Sunday, Jul 07, 2024 at 11:07

Sunday, Jul 07, 2024 at 11:07
Hoorary for grandies. Good to hear you are sorted now Bruce.
Warm regards Michelle

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 926624

Sponsored Links