Portable gas hot water showers

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2024 at 16:31
ThreadID: 147926 Views:659 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
Hi can anyone please recommend a brand?
Country Comfort any good?
Back Reply Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Warren H - Sunday, Jun 30, 2024 at 16:53

Sunday, Jun 30, 2024 at 16:53
I've got a Joolca v1. The v2 apparently has fixed the fault of going out in really windy conditions. I don't know if other brands have the same problem. My version needs to recirculate really cold water to get it to 42 deg. (It was the Warrumbungles in July.) This isn't really a problem you can just fill a jerry can and recirculate until you warm it slightly. Prior to leaving it worked fine with Canberra tap water in May and it's pretty much brass monkey temperature year round.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 646085

Reply By: RMD - Sunday, Jun 30, 2024 at 21:19

Sunday, Jun 30, 2024 at 21:19
G'day Tom.
I bought a Smartek unit for use with a caravan. Homemade Bracket on van side holds the water heater safely away from van side, gas supply via hose from Bayonet.
The water pump draws from the tank through hose fittings and I made a Y with taps so initially the water can be sent to return to tank until the heater gets up to set temp. Then change the inline taps to stop return to tank and flow to shower. Like others, when the flow is stopped at the shower head, the pump stops, heater stops too, but as soon as flow is allowed to resume the heater relights itself without much drop in temp. ie, soap up and rinse off. Seems good. Other brands may work just as good, but I haven't used them so can't compare. Uses two D cells to initiate spark for ignition.
AnswerID: 646086

Reply By: Robertd54 - Monday, Jul 01, 2024 at 20:58

Monday, Jul 01, 2024 at 20:58
Hi Tom,
My daughter has used a Country Comfort for about 6 months now and is very happy with it after having numerous problems with the Coleman they had previously. They are an Aussie company that are easy to contact and speak to on the phone. I have spoken to the owners several times re changing my shower rose to one that uses less LPM and they have been quite helpful.
I suggest you give them a ring and have a chat re your requirements and any concerns you may have re flame blowing out, lack of hot water etc as I am sure they can honestly answer them for you.
Rob
AnswerID: 646091

Sponsored Links