LC300 VX Tyre size on stock wheels

Submitted: Friday, Jun 28, 2024 at 10:23
ThreadID: 147911 Views:485 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
Hello all,

I have been reading about the tyre choices for LC300. I have got a VX and the factory tyres are 265/65R18.
Factory rims are 7.5" wide, 60 offset.
I have got some lift (35~50mm) as part of OME GVM (basic 3560)

I see the most popular choices among other owners are these ones (Let me know if you any other):-
285/65/R18 (some have even gone to 285/70)
275/70/R18

I saw many comparison of these two tyres but didn't find many who have put these tyres on stock rims.
Has anyone done it here? any problem doing it on stock rims? I think the stock rims are +60 offset, so shouldn't have any problem of tyres sticking out of fenders. But is 7.5" wide rims enough for these tyres?

I do intend mild offroading and sand driving, not as frequent though, once a month maybe.
Back Reply Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RMD - Friday, Jun 28, 2024 at 16:16

Friday, Jun 28, 2024 at 16:16
Kratos
It isn't a matter of what others have fitted, it is IF it is LEGAL. Best to access rim and tyre size calculator and see the differences in relation to suspension and legality for the rim size. Bob Jane has to comply with the MAX sizes and so WILL be able to tell you if particular sizes are legal. Some you mention are - diam and others + diam. Simply asking others who have fitted something doesn't provide you with insurance indemnity or safety etc, if you just follow what they have done.
Some people do plenty or research others don't. Because something is "popular" doesn't necessarily make it correct or suitable for your usage. Are you asking as a guide to making a decision or to follow the sheep?
If sand driving I would think you don't want less dia. Wider in sand might be worse!
AnswerID: 646075

Follow Up By: kratos - Friday, Jun 28, 2024 at 17:31

Friday, Jun 28, 2024 at 17:31
@RMD I am hoping others would have already done some research before fitting.
I understand Bob Jane will do whats within legality, but their comments are not always black and white... and not all the sales people are equally genuine. Better to have some knowledge before going into the shop.
FollowupID: 926543

Follow Up By: RMD - Friday, Jun 28, 2024 at 19:05

Friday, Jun 28, 2024 at 19:05
Kratos
You missed the point. Because BJ does comply, anyone there can tell you the tyresizes legally allowed to be fitted according to the Wheel and Tyre industry conventions and rules. The people on here May Not Be the best to ask. It has nothing to do with the individual integrity of particular BJ employes. The directive I gave you SHOWS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TYRE AND SUSP AND INNER GUARDS if accessed and your vehicle dimensions are entered/considered. Try it you might learn something. For someone on here to tell you something and then acting on it because you think they are correct, means you simply get Mated.
FollowupID: 926544

Reply By: Member - jacm - Friday, Jun 28, 2024 at 18:45

Friday, Jun 28, 2024 at 18:45
Just be wary - most GVM upgrades are based and signed off with the original tyre size and ratings, double check before you go ahead
AnswerID: 646076

Reply By: Member - Bigfish - Friday, Jun 28, 2024 at 19:14

Friday, Jun 28, 2024 at 19:14
Why wouldn't you just stick with factory size. Toyota obviously chose the size for a reason.
AnswerID: 646077

Sponsored Links