Abs light on landcruiser 1999 abs complete unit

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 09, 2023 at 17:47
ThreadID: 145317 Views:3499 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I got a abs light on my fzj105 landcruiser are all the abs units the same upto 2007? Will a 2004 landcruiser 100 series fit a 1999 105 series? They all look the same are they interchangeable
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Athol W1 - Thursday, Feb 09, 2023 at 21:13

Thursday, Feb 09, 2023 at 21:13
Smoken

Whilst all the units may be physically the same I have been told that they must be programmed to suit the particular mode that it is being fitted to, and this requires the services of a Toyota dealer.

Also of note is that they can be adversly affected by the use of incorrect brake fluid grade. Toyota specify DOT3 fluid only. Incorrect fluid can cause internal failure in the sealed computor section, and also squeeking from the master cylinder O ring seals (these cylinders do not contain cup type seals that are common in brake master cylinders)

There can also be several other causes of the ABS light being on, and one such is that the ABS unit has TWO sources of power supply, and the second source may NOT be identified as having anything to do with the ABS.

CHECK ALL FUSES with a Multimeter, and not just the ones that look to be associated with the brakes.

Regards
Athol
AnswerID: 642825

Reply By: Member - DOZER - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2023 at 11:26

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2023 at 11:26
which q do i answer first? How do you know its the master with the fault? do you have a hard pedal? have you followed the test instructions, 30 pumps with ignitionoff then start and time regeneration pump running???? If youve done tha and its failed, you can buy a new accumulator. If it doesnt run at all, you can buy a pump, Some masters have other things like emergency braking distribution or traction control, so if you buy another master, check its part number is thesame.
Lastly, abs light usually means a sensor out or a wire has been ripped off.....did u 4wd before the light???
AnswerID: 642850

Reply By: Smoken W - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2023 at 13:41

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2023 at 13:41
Update i brought a second abs unit accumulator thing and all working now.
No the brakes weren't hard they were soft when faulty.
I actually had no rear brakes when it was not working,
Brakes working mint now i can't believe it
AnswerID: 642852

Sponsored Links