EOTrackMe Android on Google Play

Submitted: Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 19:29
ThreadID: 102654 Views:1993 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
We have just released the latest version of EOTrackMe for Android on the Google Play store. Simply search for EOTrackMe or click here EOTrackMe Android on Play Store.

The latest V4.2 has a number of updates from the initial release and we recommend all existing users upgrade to this new version. The advantage of installing via Google Play is that updates are automatically handled.

NOTE: Existing users will have to remove/un-install the existing version before installing this new one. Sorry about that but this will not happen again and upgrades will work seamlessly.

Anyone can install this app but it will not work until you have an Auto Registration profile set-up within an ExplorOz member account. This is done via a simple online purchase of the license and/or membership. See the options and get your online license on the EOTrackMe Client Software page.

Have a great weekend and for those in the east a long weekend.
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ozhumvee - Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 23:03

Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 23:03
David I've uninstalled it as instructed but a search of the Play store doesn't find it.
Following the link above it comes up with "This item isn't available in your country" probably because we are currently in New Brunswick, Canada and Eotrackme has been working a treat but I won't worry about reinstalling it until we get back to Oz as data costs on phone plans here are very expensive. I actually stopped using it because of the data costs typically around a $1 an hour while it was running.

Peter
AnswerID: 512763

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 00:08

Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 00:08
Peter,
I did only specify Australian distribution for this app. I can open it up and may but you can also still install it from the old url at http://eotrackme.com/track/clients/eotrackme.apk - this is the newest version but does not use the auto update features of the play store.

If you want to reduce the data costs whilst away you could convert it to record say every 10 mins and say 2-5km travelled. This will mean that you will only send 1 update at most every 10 mins and only if you have moved at least the Xkm so if you stop it will not send anything even if the 10 mins (or so) has passed.

Thanks for the feedback
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 791275

Follow Up By: Ozhumvee - Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 01:46

Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 01:46
I don't think I had it plotting that often;-)) so will probably not reinstall till we get back home.
Thanks
Peter
FollowupID: 791279

Sponsored Links