Not a camping video - Hunt's Track

Submitted: Wednesday, May 15, 2024 at 19:20
ThreadID: 147702 Views:1503 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Here is a video on the Hunt's Track in the Coolgardie Goldfields.

This would be a good extension of the Holland Track, as it starts/ends at Gnarlbine Rock - or a good half day / day trip out of Coolgardie.

Enjoy
Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 19 Moderator

Reply By: landymick - Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 09:34

Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 09:34
Thank you Alan for going to the effort of making this and all your other videos. Keep up the good work. Mick
AnswerID: 645928

Follow Up By: equinox - Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 15:25

Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 15:25
Thanks, and no probs Mick - will keep doing it!!

Looking for adventure.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 926349

Reply By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 15:27

Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 15:27
Great video Al, looks an interesting drive.
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 645930

Follow Up By: equinox - Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 15:55

Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 15:55
Hi Stephen, Thanks. I live in Coolgardie now, In fact my home borders the bush now so will try and do some more vids of the area.
Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 926350

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Sunday, May 26, 2024 at 20:39

Sunday, May 26, 2024 at 20:39
Hi Al, sorry its taken me a while to see your post and watch your video. Thank you for sharing! That last well was in such good condition - good find. Great to see you show our maps (EOTopo) on the introduction and that underneath your blue dotted line that you planned to travel that our map shows Hunts Track. You don't seem to be using our app though - so this must be a very old version of our maps as you seem to be using OziExplorer which uses raster maps so its probably our 2019 edition of EOTopo. No other map will have this track (unless our data has been copied). One other thing I noticed is you mentioned a few places in your video - Gnarlbine Rock etc but they don't show any recent photos or reviews by you.? Any chance you could add them please? If you had the Traveller app with you at the time you could easily do it even offline, on location, but you can still do it using the Places section on our website or via the online Traveller web app available to all site users with a Membership . You can even add new Places, edit, update listing etc and even plan future trips and export them as GPX for use back into your OziExplorer. Did you know that?

Best regards Michelle
PS sorry for all the edits - the system was rejecting my text so I had to test it ;(
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 645966

Follow Up By: equinox - Monday, May 27, 2024 at 18:39

Monday, May 27, 2024 at 18:39
Hi Michelle,
I went back today and drove the track again and uploaded all the new waypoints via the traveller app.
I was in and out of phone reception (app is on phone).

I've provided a plotfile here too:

I'm still getting the hang of traveller and what it may/may not do.
Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 926386

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, May 27, 2024 at 19:02

Monday, May 27, 2024 at 19:02
Hey wow that's fantastic! Any excuse to get out in the bush again Al ;)
On looking at some of the existing Places we have in that area I noticed there are photos of us and our old 80 series - including the well I was interested in!!! ;) I don't even remember specifically going there (must have been too long ago).
Michelle

David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 926387

Reply By: Walter R - Thursday, Jun 13, 2024 at 09:28

Thursday, Jun 13, 2024 at 09:28
Great video. This track is wonderful. Besides, there's a neat variation of The Holland that's worth considering - the Banker Mt Day track. It starts up near Marvel Loch and runs in a dead straight line (I mean absolutely straight) to the Norseman Hyden Road, crossing the Vermin Proof Fence and The Holland along the way. It varies from lovely Western Woodlands at the northern end, to scrub and then sandy heathlands. Track conditions vary widely, it's fun like undertale yellow. At the southern end you can continue on SE through the Bremer Range and beyond.
AnswerID: 646033

Sponsored Links